HAMS India is a premier All-India institution with a wide network. The Society will affiliate centers located all over the country and abroad which conduct the prescribed examinations of the Society every year.
The quality and reliability of the Society’s examinations keep attracting new academies every year to seek affiliation of the Society, which has already attained the status of a prestigious All-India Institution identically functioning on the pattern of an Open University. The students who complete training in Music, Dance and Fine Arts appear in the Basic, Junior, Senior, Visharad & Kalareatna examinations of the Society.
Here are some of the rules for the fixation of an examination center. The Kendra grants affiliations to the institutions all over India and abroad:-
- An institution of repute equipped with all infrastructural facilities and established with the sole aim of reviving and promoting Indian classical arts including music, dance, drama, sculpture, painting, etc. is eligible to affiliate with the Kendra.
- Institutions run by individual/association of individuals/registered trusts/ autonomous/government organizations, Trusts or by reputed societies, etc.
- An examination center shall be required to produce at least forty examinees for all the examinations taken together. However, the Society has the right to allot an examination center where the number is less than 40 in exceptional and special circumstances.
- The examinations of the Society shall be held at such centers only as are fixed by the Society for the purpose. No practical examination shall be held at any other center which is not fixed by the Society. The arrangement of sub-centers is not permissible ordinarily. However, the Society has the right to permit a sub-center to be arranged in case the sub-center is prepared to bear the T.A. and D.A. of the examiners if the number of students is less than 40 at the sub-center. The request for the sub-center shall be sent to the Society at least one month before the date of the examination.
- The Registrar, Hindusthan Art & Music Society, Kolkata has every right to affiliate any institutions imparting training in music, dance and fine arts (painting). The Registrar has also the power either to refuse or de-affiliate any institution, without giving any notice or assigning any reasons whatsoever to the institution concerned.
- Examination centers shall be set up at various places in India and abroad on the receipt of applications in the form prescribed by the Society.
- Every institution which seeks affiliation of the Society shall be required to pay an affiliation fee prescribed by the Society from time to time.